Lung Cancer Treatment Center Fort Lauderdale, FL
What Our Lung Cancer Clinic Offers
Lung Navigator: 954-351-LUNG
MD on Call: 954-267-7742 (954-BOSS-PGA)
Our Lung Clinic is designed to evaluate patients with a known lung cancer diagnosis of any stage (suspicious pulmonary nodules or pathologically confirmed lung cancer). We are committed to a team approach, working together to provide the most efficient and comprehensive care.
With our Lung Cancer Clinic, you do not have to make several appointments with various physician specialists in order to obtain a management plan for your treatment. You can attend a single session and obtain a comprehensive evaluation from multiple lung cancer specialists. In one setting, we provide:
• Comprehensive evaluation by our multidisciplinary team with
experience in all aspects of lung cancer care (medical oncology,
radiation oncology, thoracic surgery, pathology and radiology)
• Expertise of a multidisciplinary oncology team for consensus on
• Discussion of the team's recommendations with you, your
family and referring physicians
• State-of-the-art standard and investigational therapies
• Report to and input from referring physicians
More on How the Clinic Works
On a Monday afternoon, you will attend the initial evaluation by our team. On Tuesday afternoon, our oncology team will attend a conference, during which your case is presented, and an individualized management plan is formulated. The team's recommendations are then discussed with you, your family and your referring physician.
PURPOSE OF THE LUNG CLINIC
Assess, Diagnose, Treat and Eradicate Cancer in the earliest stages of cancer
- Assessment: Patient fills out Medical History and Lung Screening Survey, Physician and patient review history information and patients medical exam, Physician orders Low-Dose Lung CT, labs, biopsy, if applicable.
- Diagnosis: Radiologist evaluates Low-Dose CT image, decision regarding next step is brought to Tumor Board Conference. Nurse Lung Navigator contacts patient, informs ordering Physician, arranges appointments for tests and with the Physician Specialist, initiates next stage of treatment.
- Treatment: Patient visits individual Physician Specialists' Clinic for consultation or testing in a streamlined sequence coordinated by lung navigator. Patient is intimately involved in their care with other Medical Team members.
- Eradication: If cancer is found early enough and treated; our goal is to have cancer free patients.
Click here for a PDF of Dr. David Drew's May 2016 lecture on lung cancer.